Do what you love and love what you do .. create with passion.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

EnviroTex Jewelry Clay

Hello everyone!!
 
Let's play with some jewelry clay by EnviroTex.

 

 
 
So here is what I used for this project: EnviroTex jewelry clay, a heart bezel, black pigment ink, a butterfly stamp, some inclusions, Pearl Ex powder in pearl and pink and a brush.

 
 Take equal parts of the jewelry clay and condition them, work them until you get a nice consistency. It's best to wear a pair of vinyl or latex gloves. I buy them at the hardware store in a box of 100.

 
 Combine your two part jewelry clay until it's one consistent color. This activates the clay, which causes it to harden. You'll have about two hours of work time.

 
 Fill your bezel. I wanted a nice dome effect to my heart as you can see.

 Next I stamped my butterfly with the black pigment ink. I had one uh oh on the bottom right wing, as I didn't press down quite hard enough. But I just added my inclusions to cover my mistake and as you see ..... wah la .... you can't see it.
 Then I dusted my entire heart with the pearl color Pearl Ex powder. Next I used my brush to carefully dust my little butterfly with the pretty pink powder. At this point I set it aside overnight, to let my clay harden. The nice thing about this clay is that while it's wet the powder and the embellishments stick very well. Once the clay hardens you just brush away the excess powder. AND, the decorations stay put as well with no need for glue. Love that.
 I finished my project with some cute chain with tiny hearts, a closure and a little pearl, just for a finishing touch.
I'm really happy with how it turned out and it was really easy. Try the EnviroTex clay, I think you'll really like it. Let me know what you think.
 
Love Always ... Carla


No comments:

Post a Comment