Do what you love and love what you do .. create with passion.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Chevron Loom Bracelets


These cute little bracelets were fun to make. 

A few years ago my niece received a bead loom for Christmas, it reminded me of the one I had as a child. Not expensive by any means but I remember having a lot fun with it. So off to Michaels I went to see if I could find one.


For my first attempt at these, I used a simple chevron pattern. If you're brave, there are tons of patterns on the web.


I used No. 6 seed beads. DMC pearl cotton to make the tassels, and then added various charms and beads to add the finishing touches.








One tip, if you are as picky as I am, buy quality seed beads. The square beads I purchased were not cut to a consistent size. So as you can see in the picture above, the edges are quite whack a doodle at best. Lesson learned.


So rummage through your closet full of games and puzzles ... you might just find a bead loom you forgot about. Or, just trot down to Michaels, they run about $15.00.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment