Do what you love and love what you do .. create with passion.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Little "Boo Boo!"

I wanted to share a "boo boo" that happened while I was making my little Halloween magnets.
 

 
After I pour my resin in my piece, I let it rest for about 45 minutes to an hour. Then I return and check for air bubbles. As you can see in the picture above, especially around the top left edge .... I got a bit too zealous with my heat gun, and what actually happened, I created MORE bubbles!!
 
 
SO .... don't heat up your piece too much. Hold your heat gun approximately 6 inches away and move it back and forth over your piece.
 
 
But see ... I turned a lemon into lemonade so to speak. I hate to throw mistakes away, they are good teaching tools. I had these flat rhinestones, so I glued them in place around the edge, and now I have another magnet. Not perfect, but not bad for a uh oh moment.
 
Love Always .... Carla

 

No comments:

Post a Comment