Do what you love and love what you do .. create with passion.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Halloween "BOO" Magnets

 
 
These were fun to make ... and easy!
 
 
I had these buttons I had bought some time ago. I knew I would find something to make with them. So first, I cut out the cute little cob web circles from scrapbook paper. I only had a 1" punch, but I improvised. Then I used some Modge Podge to glue them in the center. I protected my paper with three coats for Modge Podge, letting it dry completely between coats.
 
 
I picked these up at Michaels last year, now was the perfect time to use them. They were sticky on the back, so easy to arrange on top of my buttons.
 
 
Once I had my puffy little ghouls arranged the way I wanted, I used a small paint brush and some Modge Podge to go around the edges of my design and then I sprinkled them with my glitter and let them dry completely. Once they were dry I dusted the excess off and prepared my resin. And carefully filled each little button scene.
 


 

 
After I had my resin poured, I let them rest for about an hour. Then used a heat gun to pop any bubbles which might have surfaced. And let them dry for 24 hrs. Lastly, glue your magnets on the back with some E-6000 and wha la ... cute little fridge magnets.
 
Love Always ...... Carla
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment